Founded by charity Brake in 1997, Road Safety Week encourages thousands of road users to consider their behaviour and work towards a harmonious mutual use space. This year’s event runs from the 20th – 26th November 2017 with the theme of #SpeedDown.
How can I contribute to road safety?
Cyclists are naturally exposed road users – so it’s important that you’re hands on when it comes to ensuring your safety and that of other road users. The best way to do this - equip yourself with solid cycling knowledge; from the law around cycling, to understanding road signs and more. Luckily Cyclescheme is on hand to help. Our blog is packed full of advice and articles to help new and existing cyclists alike.
To celebrate Road Safety Week 2017, we’ve pulled together our favourite advice blog posts.
- Get to grips with cycling and the UK law
- Understand how to read and respond to road signs
- Be in control of your commute and plan your route in advance
- Make your intentions clear with our guide to signaling
- Take on traffic lights with ease
- Find the best road position for your cycle commute
- Discover the importance of looking behind you
- Ensure your safety after hours with our guide to commuting after dark
Get tor grips with cycle commuting best practice and not only will you cycle confidently, but you’ll also contribute towards your own and other road users safety.
For more information on Road Safety Week 2017 or to find an event happening near you; click below:
A purpose-built commute bicycle, specifically designed for the modern bicycle commuter.
This is your chance to win a 2019 Contend SL 1 courtesy of Giant.
Start 2019 in style and by being the proud new owner of a CUBE Attain Race Disc bike in our latest competition!