What's it all about?
Cyclescheme and Love to Ride have a shared mission to get more people cycling.
We want YOU to be on a bike, loving your journey and telling your friends why cycling rocks.
The Cyclescheme Love to Ride community allows Cycleschemers and cycling advocates to access information, rewards and prizes making them cycle more.
How does it work?
Love to Ride use proven techniques to support you in your quest to ride more.
Their goal is to nudge you along whilst rewarding you for your efforts and celebrating your achievements every step of the way.
|They get to know you||Targeted Information||Overcoming Barriers||Reinforcing Behaviour|
|They use quick surveys to discover key information about you, how often you ride, what barriers you face, what your goals are.||They are then able to provide you with information that is relevant. Relevant and timely information helps you make better choices.||
Because they find out the specific barriers you face, they can effectively support you in overcoming them so you can cycle to work.
You can record your rides, see your stats stack up, receive positive reinforcing messages, set goals and earn incentives and rewards.
Riding to work more means:
- less illness and sick leave - you'll be fitter and healthier, taking less sick leave than a non-cyclist
- reduced stress and anxiety - people who ride to work regularly report improved mental health
- lowered cost of commuting - the average UK worker spends £146 monthly, or £135,000 over their life
- better health - cycling reduces obesity, diabetes and heart disease - cyclists live longer
- less congestion and pollution - which contributes to 40,000 premature deaths annually in the UK
If you want to join the Cyclescheme Love to Ride community, follow the links below:
1. Join Cyclescheme and you'll be given the chance to opt-in to join the community or register for free
2. Enjoy a ride and record it on your profile
3. Earn badges and set goals
4. Invite friends and colleagues to join in the fun
5. Get rewards and win prizes