This document explains:
Please read the following information carefully to understand our approach to your personal information.
We are Cyclescheme Limited trading as "Cyclescheme", an English company whose registered office address is at:
Pennyroyal Court, Station Road, Tring, Herts. HP23 5QY. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of The Grass Roots Group Holdings Limited.
Our administrative offices are in Bath and the address and telephone number is:
PO Box 3809, Bath, BA1 1WX
0344 879 5101
You can contact us by email on:
When you join the Cycle to Work Scheme we collect information, including personally identifiable information about you, such as, but not limited to:
- First name;
- Last name;
- Home address;
- Email address;
- Telephone number;
- Internet Protocol (IP) Address;
- And, any additional information about you that your employer has asked us to collect on their behalf in order to process your application more efficiently, e.g., payroll number, National Insurance Number etc;
- Your choice of equipment.
We will collect the information directly from you via our website, unless you are joining the scheme through your employer’s portal or a third party acting on behalf of your employer; in which case, they will supply your information to us in a secure manner.
Additional Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you provide by completing forms on our website www.cyclescheme.co.uk (“our site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services;
- Information you give us when you report a problem with our site;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders;
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
We use this information to administer the scheme on behalf of your employer, to ensure you receive the equipment you order, to provide you with customer support, and to provide you with information and advice on our products and services and to operate this website.
We will generally use your information to process the scheme in accordance with your employer’s requirements and, on occasion, may be required to control the information to deal with you directly regarding elements of the scheme.
We obtain the information from you to allow us provide the scheme using the methods stated above and our use of the information is governed by the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation.
We share your information, on a confidential basis, with the following trusted partners who are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information:
- Your employer, so that we can administer the Scheme on their behalf and for your benefit;
- The partner retailer that you select to supply the bicycle and/or any equipment;
- Our professional advisors for the purpose of providing us with professional advice or services in connection with our obligations or operations;
- To our third party service providers in the event that we engage them to act on our behalf to fulfil all or any part of our obligations to you or your employer and/or to process your personal information on our behalf;
- In the event that we sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective buyer of such business or assets;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation;
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Cyclescheme Limited;
- To act under urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the website or the public.
7. We may also disclose your personal information to any member of our group for the following purposes:
- To process your information for the purposes of fulfilling your orders or dealing with your enquiries or correspondence on our behalf, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006;
- So they can notify you on our behalf (if you are happy that we do so) about other services they can offer you which are likely to be of interest or enhance your cycling experience (e.g. cycle related offers).
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Cyclescheme Limited will do its best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. We will use appropriate technical and organisational measures to keep your information safe.
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"), in which case we will make sure that your privacy rights are protected as required by the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation.
We will keep your personal information for the duration of our relationship with you plus a suitable period in case of any subsequent questions or disputes.
Unless you tell us not to, we assume we have permission to tell you about our products and services and those of the Grass Roots Group that we think may be of interest. We may do this by email or post if you don’t want us to send you any marketing materials you can tell us in one of the following ways;
- by clicking once on the unsubscribe link contained in our Newsletter and non-essential email communications. You will be directed to a Marketing Preference Centre where you can unsubscribe from all marketing communications or, if you so choose, tailor the communications you receive from us according to your needs;
- by contacting us at email@example.com;
- by writing to us at the address below;
- by phoning us on 0344 879 5101.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
If you want to know what information we hold about you, please contact us at the address below. Any request for information will be subject to a fee of £10 towards the cost of providing that information. If any information you have provided to us needs correcting or amending, please contact us by writing to us by post or by email using the contact details below. We may have to contact you to verify the authenticity of any communications received by us that indicate they have been sent by you.
If you have any further queries or complaints that we are not able to answer you should contact the Information Commissioners Office through the attached link.