An overview of how and where you can undertake an e-bike test ride on the cycle to work scheme.
E-bikes are great...
If you're yet to have a go on one then you're missing out!
One of the best ways to establish whether an e-bike is going to be right for you is to enjoy a test ride on one; this article will help you know what your test ride options are.
Once you've had a test ride you can be safe in the knowledge that if you've found your dream e-bike, you'll be able to save £££ on it via Cyclescheme.
Where to get an e-bike test ride
- Multi-store e-bike test ride partners
- Local e-bike test ride partners
- Online e-bike store test ride partners
Our Partners at Pure Electric are now offering e-bike test rides, this is a fantastic opportunity to test the benefits of a battery power bike without the cost of buying one. You can do this at any of their 18 locations around the UK. All you need to do is visit any of the Pure Electric store profiles through our retailer finder (ideally your nearest store) and complete the pop-up box with your details – the team at Pure Electric will follow up with 48 hrs to make the arrangements for your test ride.
For T&Cs, and what you can expect from the team at Pure Electric:
- When you arrive at one of our stores, let one of our expert colleagues know that you’d like to try an e-bike.
- Our colleagues will chat through our range of e-bikes in-store and match your preferences to a test model that we have in store.
- To enable you to take the e-bike out for a test ride, we’ll ask you to complete a short contact form, we’ll set you up with a Pure Electric account on our systems, and we’ll take a 50p deposit via a chip and pin card transaction. Don’t worry, you can opt-out of marketing emails if you like.
- We’ll ask you to leave your payment card and a form of ID with us for the duration of your test ride. After the test ride has finished, we’ll refund the deposit and return your card. Further FAQs can be found here.
Pure Electric e-bike test rides are Covid-19 safe – The team at Pure Electric sterilise all contact points before and after every test ride.
Multi-store e-bike test ride partners
Below you will find the names of national Cyclescheme Partner Retailers that have established e-bike test ride programs.
Click on the links to visit the retailers' websites and learn about their offerings:
- Pure Electric (find store to organise)
- Evans Cycles
- Rutland Cycling
- Cycles UK
- Alpine Bikes
- JE James
- On Your Bike
Local e-bike test ride partners
- Biketrax (Edinburgh)
- Cairn Cycles (Horsham)
- Nicholsons Cycles & Electric Bikes (Dundee)
- Sprockets Cycles (Kilmarnock)
- Saddle Safari (Bucks)
- Williams Cycles (Cheltenham)
- Rides on Air Cycles (Wallingford)
- Flying Dutchman Bikes (Camden)
- The Bike Warehouse (Faversham)
- Evolution Bikes (Bangor)
- Bournemouth Cycleworks (Dorset)
- Behind Bars Cycles (Abingdon)
- Beeline Bicycles (Oxford)
- Bike Scene (Cleveland)
- EC Cycles (Merthyr)
Online e-bike test ride partners
Other useful e-bike resources
The Cyclescheme blog offers a bunch of insightful reading on e-bikes.
See if any of the topics below spark an interest...
- Get an e-bike on Cyclescheme
- Best e-bikes for cycling to work
- Why riding an e-bike is good for you
- Why should I buy an e-bike for the cost of a second-hand car
- How to maintain an e-bike
- How to ride an e-bike
- What are the benefits of an e-bike