If you love riding, the daily commute is a great way to balance out something that can become a chore by combining it with something you love. What better way to start the day than by bike?
Well, as it happens, we reckon that the only thing better than riding to work is riding to work on a brand new bike, and we’ve teamed up with Ridgeback to give one person the chance to win the ultimate all-rounder: the Ridgeback Velocity. Part of Ridgeback’s bestselling commuter range, the Metro is back for 2017 with an updated look to go with a practical and reliable design, featuring a lightweight alloy frame, full Shimano groupset and disc brakes for perfect stopping power come rain or shine. But we’re not only giving you a bike, we’ll also throw in some essentials to keep you safe and comfortable on your way to and from work.
Ridgeback Velocity: RRP £499.99
Designed for everyday use, a short test ride of one of these commuter bikes will confirm why the Ridgeback Velocity is the perfect bikes to get you from A to B.
Lazer Blade Helmet: RRP £79.99
This is the helmet you wear on your weekend rides and your daily commutes - Its compact style combined with the Advanced Rollsys System ARS provides an excellent fit and great adjustability - Ventilation is a priority to keep the rider, cool and comfortable.
Madison Stellar Jacket: RRP £99.99
The Stellar Waterproof Jacket resets the standard for commuter jackets. The 2.5 layer construction is fully taped and waterproof, windproof and highly breathable and the tailored cycle specific fit is comfortable and functional.
KryptoLok Series 2 Std U-lock: RRP £39.99
Made from 13mm hardened steel and optimising an internal mechanism that has been reinforced to provide increased security from different styles of attacks, this U-Lock has you covered. The flex cable can be used to secure your wheels, panniers or even saddle to the bike's frame.
Win a Ridgeback Velocity bundle Terms and Conditions
To enter this competition you will need to complete the entry form on the Win a Ridgeback Velocity bundle web page before 11:59pm on 31st July 2017 and supply the correct date of Cycle to Work Day 2017. The prize bundle includes the following items; Bike: Ridgeback Velocity men’s or women’s depending Helmet: Lazer Tonic Helmet Jacket: Madison Clothing Men’s/Women’s Stellar Jacket Lock: Kryptonite Evolution Series 4 lock.
All entrants to this prize draw accept the following terms and conditions.
1. Only one entry is allowed per person. If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this rule by, for example, the use of 'script' or 'brute force', that person's entry will be disqualified and any prize award will be void. That person will also be banned from any future participation in Cyclescheme Limited promotions.
2. The competition is open to UK residents (England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland) and excludes employees and the immediate families of The Grass Roots Group PLC, its agents, or anyone professionally connected to the promotion.
3. The winner will be contacted via email and if they do not claim their prize within 7 days, another winner will be selected in their place.
4. To claim the prize, winners will only be required to provide their full postal address by reply. In the event that the postal address is not provided or incorrect, the entry will be considered incomplete and therefore invalid.
5. The specific bike make and accessories on offer is subject to availability and Cyclescheme & Madison reserves the right to offer an alternative of similar specification and value.
6. The winner will be chosen via the random.org random number generator. This process will be filmed should any entrant want verification of the authenticity of the process.
7. Prizes will be ordered with the supplier within 28 days of winner validation and address confirmation. Cyclescheme will aim to fulfil prizes promptly but cannot and does not guarantee delivery by a certain date.
8. The winners list will be hosted at www.cyclescheme.co.uk/winners
9. Prizes are as specified and are non-transferable. There are no cash or other prize alternatives available in whole or in part.
10. Limitations of liability: Neither Cyclescheme, its agents or anyone professionally connected to the promotion, assume any responsibility or liability for any injury or damage to entrants upon delivery and/or use of their prize.
11. By taking part in the promotion, entrants acknowledge that they may be required to take part in relevant publicity without further consent or payment. Such publicity may include, without limitation, the entrant’s name and/or image, statements made by the entrants concerning the promotion and/or prizes obtained as part of the promotion.
12. By entering this competition you agree to receive marketing emails from Cyclescheme. These will include Newsletters, offers, competitions, and incentives. You can change your preferences or opt out of our marketing emails at any time by clicking the relevant link in the footer of our emails.
This Bike Week Cyclescheme has two fantastic Trek bikes up for grabs! All you need to do is ride to work
A purpose-built commute bicycle, specifically designed for the modern bicycle commuter.
This is your chance to win a 2019 Contend SL 1 courtesy of Giant.